Here’s a quick glimpse of voter suppression still in action in Kansas City . . .
In order to vote in this mail-in election, you must
– Reside within the boundary of the District
– Apply for a ballot, beginning on April 5, 2017
– Be a registered voter at the time you apply for a ballot
– Provide proof of voter registration at the time you apply for a ballot as discussed below
– Return the application for a ballot no later than 5:00 p.m. CDT on May 23, 2017
Applications for a ballot will be available between April 5, 2017 and May 23, 2017, as follows:
– Download from www.16thcircuit.org/streetcar (internet access required), or
– Pick up at the Jackson County Courthouse, 415 East 12th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64106, Third Floor, Room 303, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except legal holidays
And this is how they keep as many people away from the ballot box as possible.
Now the best way to pass the extension effort is by a few hundred votes like they did the first time around.
Developing . . .